THIS NO-BRAINER GEN-Z APP PAYS FOR YOUR STREAMING SERVICES AND GIVES YOU $$ TO SHOP.
Everyone's on about the metaverse, but we still haven't solved all the problems of Web 2.0. Big companies are using our data to serve ads, but essentially, we've willfully given it away in exchange for all the free and addictive internet treats that are at our fingertips.
Enter OkTY, the Gen-Z app that pays users for securely connecting their encrypted internet data to the OkTY platform. Each month, OkTY users receive cash incentives while remaining in complete control over which companies can access their data profile via the easy-to-use mobile app.
OkTY cash incentives can be used to pay for streaming subscriptions and can also be applied as shopping cart discounts with OkTY retail partners. In offering their users full transparency over how they use the data, OkTY treats its customers like the clued-up people they are. I mean, come on, does anyone actually believe the internet is "free" anymore :/
With users receiving free access to popular streaming services Spotify, Hulu, Netflix, and HBOMax, this start-up is clearly headed for a home run.
On the commercial front, OkTY drives subscription business and retail sales to its brand partners while helping them understand the mercurial Gen Z audience and allowing ethical access to data insights like streaming preferences and more. In addition, OkTY recently developed a proprietary Shopify App that allows its partners to seamlessly integrate OkTY customer credits at their store checkout. Every dollar counts for Gen Z and this feature is a valuable incentive for OkTY users.
OkTY soft-launched at ComplexCon last month, by activating with Rolling Loud, QuarterFinal, Cookies N Kicks, and Spotify, where it smashed its signup targets. Every two to four weeks, OkTY releases 500 more seats on the app, taking time to ensure the tech is fully optimized before an expected go-wide launch in early 2022. O
As a part of the ComplexCon launch, OkTY partnered with A$AP Rocky’s designer Ilya Zaidze on a limited release t-shirt drop that OkTY users were able to pay for with their data on the OkTY store, which sold out in less than 24 hours.
HOW IT WORKS FOR USERS
- Connect your data streams
- Select a Monthly Goal to pay for: Spotify Premium, Netflix, Hulu, and HBO
- Give Consent to your favorite brands to access your data (you are in complete control, your data isn't sold; it's 'loaned')
- Earn Cash + Cashback Incentives and have your Monthly Goal paid for
- Go shopping with your OkTY retailer
- Checkout from their store using your OkTY cash, which will be credited to your cart at the checkout
HOW IT WORKS FOR OkTY
- OkTY charges companies for running targeted campaigns
- The money that OkTY receives from companies, is used to pay users their OkTY cash incentives
- OkTY keeps a percentage of what they charge companies for running targeted ads
- OkTY is currently available in the United States only
- View + Select web sized images here (no login needed)
- Founder interviews are available
- Download from the Apple App Store (USA only)
OkTY stands for Ok_ Thank You_
OkTY is a digital bank powered by your data. They help with transforming your data into an asset which you can save, trade, and get paid for.
The big idea behind OkTY is to help every person on the internet realize the value of their personal data, for both individual gain and the common good. Currently, the big tech companies profiting most from the state of the internet right now have the least incentive to change their behavior which means if change is going to come, it will need to be driven by the market starting with taking control of your data and doing better things with it.
OkTY wants you to know what your data is worth, and who wants it, so whenever it’s bought or sold, OkTY pays a cut on the deal to their users. This isn’t about burning everything down and starting again. It’s about taking what works and making it work better and getting rid of bad practices as we go. okty.app #paystobeyou