Sophistication meets the street with skatewear-inspired logos.
Dolce & Gabbana, the Italian powerhouse known for its sophisticated elegance, has tapped into the streets of the USA for inspiration with their latest menswear collection, Fall 2022-23 which was presented at Milan Fashion Week. Featuring Machine Gun Kelly as the MC of the show, it is clear that the pop-punk skate revival is back in full motion.
L: Travis Barker launching his collab with DC Shoes in 2005, R: MGK performs at the Fall 22/23 Men's Dolce&Gabbana runway at Milan Fashion Week.
Inspired by streetwear and skate culture, the updated D&G logo bears heavy similarities to global skateboard and snow heavyweight DC Shoes' logo. As yet another luxury brand takes inspiration from original 90's and 2000's brands, Dolce&Gabbana's latest effort is a beautiful tribute to noughties juggernaut DC Shoes.
Dolce & Gabbana models strutted down the runway wearing interlocking logos printed on masks, beanies, leggings, sunglasses, coats, shirts, puffer jackets and chunky skate shoes. These looks were elegantly paired with more formal and fashion-forward outfitting, demonstrating that the skate aesthetic can be refined too.
L to R: DC Shoes Zebra snowboard suit and Nadene hi boot (available now), Dolce&Gabbana men's runway (available Fall 2022)
L to R: DC Shoes x FTP snow collab from 2019, DC Shoes Star Beanie, Dolce&Gabbana men's runway (available Fall 2022)
Though Dolce & Gabbana's collection has yet to be released in stores until fall, can create a similar look by tapping into the source of inspiration - DC Shoes, whose star DC logo, has been central to the brand since 1998. Shop the look below.
Shop DC Shoes' Collection
RRP's in USD
- DC Slides - $35 USD
- DC Star Logo Shirt - $22 USD
- DC Court Graffik shoes - $65 USD
- DC Star Flex Fit Cap - $28 USD
- DC Star Crop Hoodie - $55 USD
- DC Mutiny Snowboard Boot - $229.95 USD
- DC Brigade Shell Snowboard Pants - $299.95 USD
- DC Scout Board Snowboard Boots - $219.95 USD
- DC Men's Podium Snowboard Pants - $109.95 USD
- DC Women's Anorak Zebra Jacket - $189.95 USD
- DC Women's Snowboard Gloves - $39.95 USD
- DC Women's Search Boa Snowboard Boots - $219.95 USD
- DC Women's Nadene Winter Hi Boot - $100 USD
- View and download images here
- DC products are available on Skimlinks
- Getty Images search term for Travis Barker's 2005 launch with DC Shoes: renowned drummer travis barker to remix for dc shoes
- Getty Images search term: Dolce Gabbana - Runway - Fall/Winter 2022-2023 Milan Men Fashion Week
About DC Shoes
Since 1994, DC Shoes has been committed to progression—from game-changing skate shoe designs to supporting the most groundbreaking skateboarders, snowboarders, and artists in the world. DC helped shape modern collaboration culture by pioneering partnerships with the likes of Supreme, FTP, Shepard Fairey, Buscemi, Doublet and Carrots. In 2022, DC continues to push the envelope with more exciting collaborations. dcshoes.com @dcshoes @dc_womens